Get excited Wisconsin – a new high school sport is about to
explode! The inaugural season for the WI League starts
Sun. Aug. 31, 2014 at Minooka Park in Waukesha, WI.
Racing action will start with the ladies at 10:30AM and boys racing will begin at 12:30PM.
Come on out and help cheer these kids on!
RACE RESULTS AND PHOTOS:
– RACE #1 PHOTOS:
COURSE MAP AND FLIER:
RACE COURSE DESCRIPTION:
A mixture of well built single-track and wide open ski trail, the course at Minooka promises to provide a fun introduction to high school mountain bike racing. With its many passing opportunities, flowing singletrack, and just the right amount of technical challenge to keep all interest, this rolling course starts with a moderate climb and rolls through the wooded and grassy terrain south of shelter area 5. Course distance is approximately four miles.
RACE COURSE DETAILS
LAP LENGTH = 4 miles
RACE START TIMES:
Awards will be presented for each Race Category even if they start at the same time.
THURS. AUG. 21
MON. AUG. 25
Questions? Contact Kathy Mock firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Minooka Park
DIRECTIONS FROM I-94:
From I-94 take the Highway 164 (Exit 297) south to Waukesha 4.3 miles
Turn left onto Racine Ave. (County Hwy Y) 0.7 miles
Turn right at Sunset Dr 0.1 miles. Follow the park road to Shelter Area 5
- Camping now allowed at Minooka Park! Get Details
- Camping is also available at Marina Beach: Mukwonago and Muskego Parks are the closest to Minooka Park and fill fast.
HOTEL: Waukesha Super 8
2510 Plaza Ct, Waukesha, WI | Rates start $65/night
RACE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DEADLINES:
Pre-Ride Dates and Times:
Registered coaches and high school and middle school racers are able to pre-ride the course.
- Sat. Aug. 30 from 1:00PM – 5:00PM
- Sun. Aug. 31 (Race Day) from 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Petition for Category Changes:
Deadline Thurs. Aug. 21 by 10 pm. No petitions accepted after Thurs. Aug. 21 for the Aug. 31 race.
Online Registration – RECOMMENDED!
All riders need to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online before race day. Contact your Team Director to be invited. Independent riders contact your League Co-Director at email@example.com.
2014 RACE PRICING
Late Fee At Race
WI League Registration Fee
Race Fee (per-race)
*All online registrations after midnight Mon. Aug. 25, will have a late fee applied.
– Please log onto the Pit Zone and ensure you are RACE READY.
Here is a Race Ready Checklist:
- Pit Zone information entered.
- WI League Fee and Race Fee paid.
- Participation Waiver mailed, faxed or emailed (once per season)
NOTE: After Thurs. Aug. 21, 2014, please do not mail in forms or waivers. Submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 510-779-5597.
IMPORTANT! – If you log onto Pit Zone and it shows you are not Race Ready, you must take care of these items before Mon. Aug. 25, 2014 in order to race on Sun. Aug. 31.
Pit Zone – Online Registration Closes:
Registering a racer on Pit Zone for Race #1 closes on Mon. Aug 25, 2014 at 10 pm.
On-Site or Day of Registration:
If you are unable to make the payments online in the Pit Zone before the deadline, we will have registration open at the race site. However, there will be a $10 late fee applied to NICA fees and a $10 race fee. Registration will be open on-site at the following dates and times:
- Sat. Aug. 30 2:00PM – 5:00PM
- Sun. Aug. 31 8:00AM – 9:30AM
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
- There is a park entrance fee of $4/car and/or $20/bus.
- No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, please, and no open fires.
- No dogs off leash please.
- Please pack out what you pack in. Garbage receptacles are limited.
TYPICAL RACE DAY SCHEDULE:
Typical Race Schedule
Check out this page for a typical race day schedule for a racer. Starts at 7am and ends at 4pm. Plus, review recommended reading: Pre-Race Checklist, Guide for attending a WI HS MTB Race.
Join the Race Crew and volunteer at the race. Helping with scoring, handing out water, course marshal and the popular “sweep” position – all are important and we need 50-60 people to make these races work.
Suggestion: If your son or daughter is racing, volunteer to help when your child is not racing. Be a part of the excitement and still be able to watch your son or daughter race!
How to Sign Up:
1. Go to the Volunteer Page.
2. Review the positions available.
3. Click on the VolunteerSpot Image.
4. You will be taken to a different website where you can sign up to volunteer!