- This event has passed.
OTB101 Certification – Hayward
July 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT$50
OTB101 (3 hours includes OTB field guide) is a requirement for Level 2 and 3 NICA Coaches and is a pre-requisite for OTB201 Certification. This is a 3 hour class that includes a Field Guide. Please note you will need to complete the 45 minute course in Litmos (Coach Profile) prior to taking this in-person training.
OTB201(5 hours, bring the OTB field guide you received when you took OTB 101) is for NICA coaches looking to enhance their coaching skills and add to their coaching toolbox. NICA coach supporter, Josh Shively will go over progressions for the OTB101 skills and add ratcheting, trackstands, small circles, switchbacks, rock dodge, and front and rear wheel lifts. We will also go through games and activities to do with your team and allow time for collaborating and sharing ideas with each other.
Additional requirements due to COVID-19:
- Please stay local and do not travel long distances to take the courses, we hope to open up to the Northern and Central part of the state in July.
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer
- Leave your dirty MTB gloves in the car!
- Please bring enough water and snacks, we won’t be able to share.
- Please bring tools, a tube, and a pump for your bike, again no sharing
- Please don’t touch other people’s bikes or equipment.
- Please bring some tissues or a hanky, no snort rockets please.
- Bathrooms may not be open, so try not to drink too much coffee before hand.
- We will practice good social distancing and will not do any static holds for these sessions.
If you feel sick please do not attend! We will refund the cost of the session at any point.