IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
The Wisconsin High School Cycling League is dedicated to the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, volunteers, and families. As such, the League has committed to following COVID-19 guidance from the WHO, CDC, state/local health departments, and school districts. This applies at both the league level and team level.
Within the limitations defined by these health and governmental organizations, Wisconsin League plans to continue to offer the NICA activities and events that support the emotional and physical wellness of our participants as well as support participants’ connection to the NICA Community.
The League and teams will follow guidance in this order:
- School District
Announcements from the League regarding COVID-19 will come in the Single Track Times newsletters. (Newsletters will be added to this list as they are sent.):
NICA COVID-19 Coach Safety Message
- Keep clear
- If you or anyone in your home have any symptoms of Covid or any similar symptoms in the past 14 days, do not come to practice. If you develop symptoms at practice or any time, let your coach know.
- Keep away
- Practice physical distancing- stay 6 feet away from coaches and teammates. Give plenty of room when passing or allowing others to pass. Plan ahead for stopping areas to maintain distance.
- Keep it chill
- On the trail, stay within your limits. Have fun but save the gnar for another time. Get rad later.
- Keep covered
- If they ask, wear a mask.
- Keep it to yourself
- Be prepared, you will not be able to share equipment– make sure your bike is working properly, bring all the water, tools, pumps, tubes, snacks and anything else you need to be self-sufficient on the trail.
- Keep it small
- Ride in small groups of no more than 10 including coaches
- Keep it quick
- If you need to use a public restroom or other public facilities, be quick.
- Keep it clean
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer often, avoid touching your face, keep your bike and other equipment clean and sanitized.
City & School District Resources
For local guidance, please refer to the policies of your specific municipality and school district. Additionally, be sure to know and follow the policies and procedures of your practice venue.